Although the topics have changed, what has remained constant throughout my career is a strong interest in developing business solutions that help people work smarter and faster.
The skills below, and others not listed here, have evolved with my professional interests and project work:
- Coordinating projects and project teams
- Communications and change management
- Collaborating with subject matter experts
- Instructional design
- Live classroom training, virtual classroom and e-Learning
- Technical writing
Over the course of 15+ years my career has taken me from a huge company in MetLife to smaller consulting firms with impressive lists of Fortune 500 clients.
- Logical Design Solutions (LDS) – A consulting firm that designs online business solutions that dramatically improve the way some of the greatest companies in the world do business. During my tenure at LDS I was promoted from Technical Writer to Sr. Communications Consultant. In my role as Technical Writer I wrote page-level copy and contextualized help on a variety of topics for a wide range of clients. As a Sr. Communications Consultant I was a responsible for designing and delivering communications solutions that supported improvements to various business processes and introduced enterprise social business capabilities to the organization.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) – The professional organization for Certified Public Accountants (CPAs). Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to freelance for the AICPA as they continue to develop and improve the e-Learning courses they offer to their members.
- Weblearning.com – A consulting firm that was an early leader in developing custom e-Learning solutions for Fortune 500 companies. While at Weblearning I was promoted from Instructional Designer to Project Manager. In my role as Instructional Designer I wrote eLearning curriculums, storyboards and scripts on a wide range of topics. My Project Manager responsibilities included managing cross-functional teams of multimedia specialists, subcontractors and client personnel.
- MetLife – Where I started my career. While there I analyzed and documented systems and processes used by the Defined Benefits Pensions group. I also facilitated live training sessions with the Pensions Training Team.